We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow to join the Rutz lab in the Department of Cancer Immunology at Genentech. The successful candidate will initiate an independent research project to investigate mechanisms by which the ubiquitin pathway regulates T cell responses and immunosuppression. The expectation is that this work will result in novel and important contributions to our understanding of the regulation of adaptive immune responses in cancer and chronic inflammation, as evidenced by publications in top tier scientific journals.
The Rutz lab collaborates with several investigators at Genentech and beyond, applying cellular immunology, gene-editing in primary cells, single cell sequencing, proteomics, and mouse models to study T cell biology. Currently, the lab is focused on the development of engineered T cell therapies, and the targeting of regulatory T cells for the treatment of cancer.
- PhD in Immunology, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology.
- A background in T cell immunology is required.
- Experience in molecular biology and signaling, CRISPR gene editing and a motivation to harness new/emerging technologies are preferred.
- The successful candidate will have strong work ethics, a steadfast commitment to discovery research and a documented ability to initiate, drive and complete significant research projects, as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- The candidate should also have excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to work in a highly interactive environment.
For more information about Sascha Rutz's lab at Genentech, please visit: https://www.gene.com/scientists/our-scientists/sascha-rutz
For more information about the Postdoctoral Program at Genentech, please visit: https://www.gene.com/careers/university-and-early-career/postdocs
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.