Biogen Postdoctoral Fellowship in Medical Affairs
What is Biogen’s PhD Fellowship?
Biogen’s 2-year fellowship in Worldwide Medical provides PhD graduates a hands-on opportunity to learn the ins and outs of Medical Affairs and the pharmaceutical industry within the walls of a cutting-edge biotech. During the first year of the fellowship program, fellows will explore different functional areas within Worldwide Medical through a series of rotational experiences. Fellows will also have the opportunity to select one rotation outside of Medical, to foster a broader understanding of our cross-functional partners and how their functions collaborate with Medical and fit into the greater organization. For the second year of the fellowship, fellows will pick an area of concentration within Worldwide Medical to prepare them for a continued career in the biopharmaceutical industry.
What is Medical Affairs?
At Biogen, the mission of Worldwide Medical Affairs is to inform real-world medical practice and to improve patient outcomes by generating and delivering clear, timely, and clinically relevant information. Broadly, Worldwide Medical is responsible for providing patients, healthcare professionals, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders with the latest scientific evidence on Biogen therapies. To that end, the function leads a number of activities, including:
· designing and conducting post-approval clinical studies and real-world data generation efforts
· managing publication of data from company-sponsored trials
· planning and oversight of Biogen’s presence at scientific conferences
· addressing product-related questions from patients and healthcare providers (HCPs)
· cultivating relationships and scientific exchange with key medical experts
· providing medical education to both internal and external audiences, and creating supporting scientific materials
How to ApplyIf you have any questions about the fellowship, or would like to apply, please email WWMfellowship@biogen.com. All applications should include a resume and cover letter.
Visit us on the web at: https://www.biogen.com/en_us/phd-fellowship.html.
Frequently Asked Questions1. Can the program sponsor my visa?
Unfortunately, the Fellowship is unable to sponsor visas. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States of America.
2. Is the Fellowship paid? What benefits are provided?
Fellows are paid an annual salary and reimbursed for health (medical, dental and vision) premiums. In addition, business travel and a monthly public transit pass are covered by the program.
3. When does the program begin? By when must I have defended my thesis?
Applications should be submitted by March 31 for the current enrollment year. Select applicants will be invited for interviews, with new fellows enrolling in mid-July annually. All candidates should have successfully defended prior to the mid-July start date. Rare exceptions may be made for defense dates that are near the date of enrollment.
4. How are rotations selected / what is recommended as a starting rotation?
The program director(s) will provide Fellows guidance on available opportunities and potential preceptors. Final selections will be made based on a mutual interest on the part of the fellow, preceptor and business needs.