EDIT Aug. 19, 2020:
The 2021 Google PhD Fellowship cycle in North America and Europe will close on September 30, 2020, rather than November 30.
Thus, the deadline for internal applications will be September 8 at noon and NOT September 25, as previously indicated.
The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields. Applications for the 2021 program close November 30, 2020. Further information about this opportunity is available at https://research.google/outreach/phd-fellowship/
- University may nominate only a limited number of candidates. Therefore, an internal faculty committee will review interested candidates to select the final nominees.
All materials for the internal selection process must be submitted by noon on September 25, 2020.
- Full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD.
- Students enrolled in a PhD program in the U.S. must have completed coursework by the fall of the award year.
- The recipient must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program during the duration of the fellowship.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible.
REQUIRED MATERIALS for the Internal Submission:
- CV, including name, email address, PhD program, and a list of all publications
- A one-page dissertation research plan
- A letter of support from your thesis advisor
Interested applicants should send their materials as a single PDF. The letter of support may be included in the PDF or sent separately.
Please note: if you are nominated, the full application -- due by November 30, 2020-- requires additional, more extensive materials than the internal submission.
All materials for the internal selection process must be submitted to: email@example.com by noon on September 25, 2020