Request for Proposals for
HILS Student-Organized Events in Spring, Summer 2020
HILS will fund several student-organized events in 2020. Events should conform to the following criteria:
* The events must feature topics, concerns, or themes related to the life sciences and likely to be of interest to a broad cross-section of HILS students.
* Eligible event formats include seminars, panel discussions, symposia, conferences, films, and other formats. Creative ideas are encouraged!
* Events must be held at Harvard (on either the Cambridge or Longwood Medical Area campuses), and must include receptions or similar opportunities for HILS student/faculty interactions.
* Student organizing teams must include participants from at least two HILS programs and work with at least one faculty advisor from a HILS program.
* At least one speaker or featured participant must be affiliated with Harvard. However, non-Harvard speakers, distinguished guests, and attendees may also participate.
* In this round, we will consider proposals for events to take place prior to October 9, 2020.
* The maximum funding award will be $2,000 per approved event.
In order to be considered, proposals must include ALL of the following:
· an overview of the proposed event (theme, rationale, proposed dates, etc.)
· a statement of how this event will involve students across HILS programs
· information about expected attendance (including size and target audience); if this is a recurring
event, state participation in previous years
· basic budget information (how will the requested funds be spent?); indicate if additional funds are
being requested from other sources
· name, graduate program, and email address for all event organizers
· signatures of all student team members and the HILS faculty advisor(s)
Complete proposals should not exceed 3 pages.
Deadline for proposal submission is Friday, January 24, 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Complete proposals should be submitted by e-mail to:
Director, Harvard Integrated Life Sciences