The full-time Research Assistant (RA) will be an integral member of a team of healthcare providers whose goal is to improve clinical decision support, reduce diagnostic errors, optimize laboratory processes and conduct applied clinical research. Projects are a collaborative effort between BWH’s Departments of Pathology and Internal Medicine and target both the hospital and ambulatory settings. The RA will have an opportunity to grow their medical education and gain experience in the hospital and clinical pathology laboratory. The RA will be responsible for literature reviews, study design, IRB submission, sample testing, data collection, medical record reviews, data analysis, programming, statistical analysis, and manuscript preparation. Strong data analysis, statistical experience, writing skills and organization are necessary. Additional responsibilities will include administrative duties as needed.
The exact roles and responsibilities will vary by project and may include the following:
· Performing data abstraction from a variety of sources, including patient medical records, hospital clinical information systems, and surveys.
· Database management (i.e., create, query data, import/export data, and restructure database, forms, and queries as needed to meet the study team's needs).
· Assisting with preparing forms for obtaining approval from the Internal Review Board (IRB) for study protocols.
· Conducting medical record reviews for collecting relevant clinical data.
· Performing literature searches and syntheses (i.e., general topic searches and specialized database searches). Retrieving journal articles from the library or internet.
· Maintaining a bibliographic library of supporting material.
· Perform experiments and specimen analysis in the laboratory (prepare and test specimens, where mass spectrometry analysis experience is preferred)
· Aiding with the preparation of talks and presentation materials including MS Excel tables and graphs and MS PowerPoint slides.
· May take lead on writing formal research reports and manuscripts for publication in professional journals.
· May be called upon to present findings at departmental meetings.
· Conducting other administrative tasks (e.g., photocopying, scheduling, etc.) as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in science-related field required. Pre-medical, masters or pre-doctoral training preferred.
Experience in clinical research, prior research assistant and statistical experience preferred.
Experience with data management including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint,
MS Access, reference manager software preferred.
Experience with database structure and integration as well as programming
languages including SQL, R and Python preferred.
A 2 year full-time commitment preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with hospital leadership and
Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect.
Oral and written communication skills required for manuscript preparation.
Enthusiasm to learn new skills such as database structure and programming
Self-motivaed with the capability to work independently with only general
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
Ability to complete work and meet deadlines.
Competency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Ability to use medical bibliographic retrieval programs.
The application can be found here: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/login.jsf?...