The Harvard Medical School Therapeutics Translation is seeking an individual to join its scientific team, in support of our drug discovery effort against emerging pathogens. The candidate would work collaboratively with several labs at HMS and the affiliated hospitals as a key contributor for ongoing structural biology efforts assisting corona virus related drug discovery programs. This will include solving novel structures of both viral and host proteins and routine co-structures of small and large molecules with their target proteins. The successful candidate will engage in all aspects of structural biology including protein production, crystallization and structure determination. The position will be part of an interdisciplinary team, working with design chemists, biochemists, virologists and pharmacologists across several ongoing projects. These team interactions will be both in person, and within the virtual environment.
The preferred candidate would possess:
- A PhD in protein science, structural biology or a related discipline
- 2-3 years of additional experience in protein purification and structure determination by x-ray crystallography
- Track record of independence in structural biology projects
- Ability to work within a team environment, both in person and virtually
- Good presentation and written communication skills
- An interest in multidisciplinary research and therapeutics discovery
This is a 2-year term position.
Harvard is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the Subject line of your email, please write: Protein Sciences Specialist