CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The 2021 Landry Cancer Biology Research Fellowships
End of the day, Sunday February 14, 2021
The Landry Cancer Biology Research Fellowships are available to outstanding rising G3 students (current G2 students) working in all fields broadly relevant to basic or applied cancer research. Research projects relating to any aspect of cancer are eligible. Research projects relevant to Small Cell Lung Cancer are strongly encouraged. These fellowships will be held in the third and fourth year and will provide 18 consecutive months of tuition and stipend support, and discretionary funds to promote professional development and attendance of national or international conferences in cancer biology and related topics. Recipients may select either to begin funding in July 2021 or January 2022. Fellows and alumni of this program will serve as ambassadors and role models for the next generation of scientists through participation in Landry Cancer Biology Consortium training events.
ELIGIBILITY AND OTHER CRITERIA
• Applications are solicited from current GSAS G2 students
• International students are eligible to apply
• Applicant's thesis project must be broadly relevant to basic or applied cancer research
• Feasibility and quality of the proposed research
• Outstanding academic record
Submitted by the applicant:
• Curriculum vitae
• Names of the applicant's thesis advisor and non-thesis advisor, letters to be submitted separately (see below)
• One paragraph about your personal scientific background
The 2021 Landry Cancer Biology Research Fellowship
• One-page research proposal describing research background, goals and aims of your project, as well as the project’s significance. If you have any preliminary data, we encourage you to include it (however it is not required).
• Letter of support from applicant’s thesis advisor.
• Letter of support from a non-thesis advisor. This individual should be familiar with the applicant’s research potential.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
DEADLINE AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMAIL SUBMISSION
Submitted application materials and letters of support must be submitted via email by the deadline – end of the day, Sunday February 14, 2021 to Jelena Patrnogic (email@example.com) with the subject line "Landry Cancer Biology Research Fellowship Application".
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION REVIEW
Following the application submission deadline, applications will be reviewed for qualification and ranked by members of the Landry Cancer Biology Consortium (LCBC) review committee.Announcement of award receipt will occur on or by Friday, March 19th, 2021.