The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development is seeking a Senior Career Development Coach on the Graduate Student Career Development Team.
Position Summary: Implement a strategic plan to establish, strengthen, and maintain relationships between the institution and employers interested in recruiting graduate students. Assist one or more Associate Directors in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of career development initiatives. Liaise with senior stakeholders, including faculty, university administrators, and employers. With limited oversight from an Associate Director, supervise one or more Career Development Counselors, support staff, and graduate program assistants and interns. Provide input in determining budgetary needs and with assessing programming effectiveness. Maintain a career-counseling schedule with graduate students and alumni.Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Master's degree in a related field.
3 year's relevant experience in career services, counseling, student personnel, human resources or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must include experience developing and implementing programs, seminars, events, and preparing training materials.
Experience with employer engagement and knowledge of employer recruitment of college/university students.Understanding of graduate student populations.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Career planning, assessment, and job-search expertise. Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, writing and organizational skills. Ability to deal with a diverse population at all levels.Additional InformationEOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
A further breakdown of the role is as follows:
- 35% Design and execute a strategy for developing and cultivating relationships and identifying career opportunities with employers interested in hiring graduate students.
- 25% Assist Wasserman leadership team by leading the implementation of new and current programs, career fairs, services, and events.
- 20% Counsel, advise, and educate graduate students and alumni individually and in groups on topics related to career/professional development strategies including exploration, planning, and decision making.
- 15% Engage with campus partners as a representative of the Wasserman Center for Career Development and the Graduate Student Career Development team.
- 5% Research and create resources and program content to meet the needs of graduate students, employers, and campus partners.
For more information and to apply, please see the full description at https://uscareers-nyu.icims.com/jobs/6309/senior-career-development-coach%2c-graduate-student-career-development-services/job.