A new Third Rock Ventures portfolio company in San Francisco, CA has an exciting and unique opportunity available. We are looking for highly motivated research scientists ready to take on new challenges in their career. We have developed an exciting technology to create a novel class of biotherapeutics that will make a major impact in the treatment of high unmet need diseases like cancer and autoimmunity. This new company offers the opportunity to work with a fun, collaborative, and experienced founding team that includes internationally leading immunologists, and to be part of and lead the development of protein therapeutics from target discovery to clinical testing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying relevant cytokine-cytokine receptor pathways amenable to targeting, investigating mechanism of action, developing translational strategies for early programs and enabling their progression to the clinic. Successful candidates will have demonstrated expertise in one or more of these areas: T cell biology, cytokine biology, immune cell signaling pathways, or protein therapeutics. Track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research is a must.
- Develop disease-based therapeutic hypotheses on oncology and/or autoimmune disease, establish in vitro and in vivo assays and models, and select candidate therapeutics for advancement into clinical development
- Perform cutting edge research that integrates immunology, systems biology and protein engineering to develop novel therapies
- Work in cross-functional teams to generate data in support of development decisions
- Publish and present at national/international conferences
- Ph.D or MD required; postdoctoral training and research experience in the field of immunology preferred; 0-5 years of industry experience
- Understanding of immune cell receptors and signaling pathways in both human and mouse immune cells
- Experience with in vivo models (tumors, autoimmunity, or inflammation), development and use of pharmacodynamic markers
- Track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication record in top tier journals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can work effectively in a highly collaborative, fast-paced research environment
Contact: Ali Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org