About miniPCR bio
Headquartered in Arlington, Massachusetts, miniPCR bio is a life sciences company engaged in the design, development and manufacture of advanced biotechnology systems, products and services. The company specializes in equipment and curriculum with the goal of expanding access to biotechnology for everyone, everywhere. Through this role you will join our team’s mission to democratize science, and work with a dynamic, passionate, and entrepreneurial team.
miniPCR bio is looking for a Research Scientist to develop point-of-need molecular diagnostic products.
The successful candidate will develop a nucleic acid amplification platform based on proprietary detection devices. The system will include sample preparation, reagent and assay development, validation and scale-up.
• Evaluate and develop reagents for sample preparation from diverse sources • Develop isothermal and PCR-based methods for NA amplification
• Optimize fluorescence-based NA detection
• Create robust, simple-to-use kits for low-resource settings
• Establish meaningful performance criteria and quality standards
• Contribute to strategic direction and key decision-making through technical and risk assessments
• Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field • Strong molecular biology bench skills
• Excellent project management skills including ability to manage timelines and drive achievement of key milestones
• Ability to drive a research agenda forward in an independent manner • Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong experimental design, data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities Preferred experience
• Sample collection and preparation from environmental, fungal and plant sources • Expert qPCR knowledge
• Isothermal nucleic acid amplification
• PCR, LAMP and RPA primer design
• LAMP assays
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org