The Lead Bioinformatics Programmer will assist with research project development for early-career faculty in the National Institutes of Health (NIH) All of Us Evenings with Genetics Research Education Program. This position will work collaboratively with the All of Us project directors and staff to achieve objectives and goals as defined by the program.
- Works with Data Science team to develop curriculum using the All of US research platform.
- Provides technical guidance and work direction to conference research teams.
- Proficiency with R and/or Python and the Jupyter Notebook environment.
- Works one-on-one with research groups monthly, interacts with the All of US database, data science tools, and cloud environment.
- Prepares detailed specifications and algorithms for conference research teams data from which programs will be written.
- Applies existing custom bioinformatics software to both well defined and moderately complex problems. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains programs and research software for bioinformatics applications.
- Researches, assesses, imports, configures, and customizes All of US research platform. Advises on hardware and software decisions related to efficient application of implemented software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Biological Science, or a related field.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or Data Science or in a related field.
- Experience with the NIH All of Us data systems or similar.
- Consulting and education experience, flexibility responding to customer needs.
- Ability to understand customer needs and implement scalable solution to answer similar queries.
- A doctorate degree in a related field may be considered in lieu of required experience.