Oversee career services operations including marketing and outreach, development of programs, and policy development.
Life and physical science courses represent a significant portion of Harvard Extension School (HES) and Harvard Summer School (HSS) on-campus and online enrollments. This position works with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs for HSS and Associate Dean of Academic Administration, DCE to oversee the curriculum and recruit, hire, and develop life and physical science instructors for HES and HSS. The position also directs the HES post-baccalaureate, Premedical Program (PMP), which is one of the largest premedical programs in country, admitting ~150 student per year. The position is responsible for PMP admission decisions, academic advising and the maintenance of all critical academic records. In addition, the position writes medical school sponsorship letters for qualified PMP participants, runs premedical career workshops, and works to develop a sense of community within the PMP participant population. The position supervises the PMP coordinator and oversees the instructional success of multiple science faculty. The position reports to the Dean of Academic Programs and Chief Academic Officer, HES.
Typical Core Duties
- Responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
- Assist students and alumni with career exploration, career decision making, self-assessment, and job search management
- Oversee the development of programs, web and print resources, and workshops to educates students on career and internship opportunities
- Develop outreach and marketing strategies to attract potential employers
- Design and create complex reports to support career services goals; analyze metrics to support strategic planning
- May develop, manage and oversee departmental budget
- Develop and implement operational policies, procedures and training for staff
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with university partners and external employers
- Ensure compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced degree in related discipline; experience with science, health careers, and medical schools
- Ability to teach introductory health science courses
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently
Read more and apply here.